Google Ads

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Web Hosting Advertising Nightmare

I've been searching around to advertise my web hosting website for free and I've hit quite a few walls. Unless you have tons of money to spend into affiliate marketing with companies like Commission Junction, have tons of money for top advertising on many of the directories, and/or have tons of money for Google Ad Words or Yahoo Marketing you are literally SOL.

I was contacted by WebHostDir.com for an advertising spot for $400 per month. What?! I want to MAKE $400 per month, not spend it! TopHosts.com was worse and much more expensive as shown in a previous blog.

One of the major decisions that I have made with my web hosting directory www.gotawebhost.com is to promote 1 to 1 advertising. Everything on the website will be FREE. Free listings, free advertising, free article submissions, FREE. The concept will be - you post my banner on your home page, and I'll post the same size banner in a similar position on my home page. Simple as that! You post my video, I'll post your video - you post my article, I'll post your article - you post my banner, I'll post your banner.

If other web hosting directories can generate traffic of 300,000 unique visits per month with over 1.5 million page views - then I can too!

0 comments: